Occupied Baochistan: The daughter of an enforced-disappeared Baloch said that her father, Munshi Mohammad Bakhsh Baloch, had been whisked away by the Frontier Corps (FC) Balochistan from Kech around four months ago and his whereabouts are still unknown.
Addressing a press conference on Friday at a hunger strike camp set up by the relatives of abducted Baloch outside Quetta Press Club, she said her father, 80, was returning from his native village Turbat, on June 20 in a bus which was intercepted by the FC at a check post near Jusak.
She said eyewitnesses revealed that FC personnel verified the identities of passengers and subsequently asked them to board the bus again but her father was bundled into a double-door vehicle with tinted glasses. She charged that almost 25 to 30 passengers were travelling in the bus and witnessed the incident.
“Despite a lapse of four months, we have received no information about our father’s whereabouts. He never indulged in any illegal activity,” she added.
Answering to a question whether her father had contacted her family since his disappearance, she said nobody had ever contacted them.
An FIR was registered at the Turbat police station after witnesses informed the family of the incident and an application was submitted to the Supreme Court’s Balochistan Registry, but all efforts seems to have gone in vain, she said.
Baloch’s daughter also lashed out against the apex court, saying it was incapable of doing anything against Pakistan’s powerful agencies.
She maintained, “Therefore, I appeal to appealed to the United Nations, European Union and International Human Rights Organisations to help my family trace my father. I also urge the International Community to build pressure on Pakistani authorities and agencies to provide relief to aggrieved mothers, sisters and daughters of thousands of enforced-disappeared Baloch persons.”
Courtesy: Baloch Warna