‘Forced Accession’: Shutter Down Strike In Balochistan

“This was a black day for the Baloch nation because Pakistani forces invaded Balochistan and forced accession to Pakistan,” the BNF said in a statement.

Strike called by Baloch Nation­al Front agains­t “forced access­ion of the provin­ce to Pakist­an.”
By Our Correspondent
Published: March 27, 2012
A complete shutter down and wheel jam strike was observed in parts of Balochistan. PHOTO: PPI/ FILE

QUETTA: A complete shutter-down and wheel jam strike was observed in parts of Balochistan on Tuesday, paralysing business and trade activities in the province. The strike had been called by Baloch National Front (BNF) against what they described as Balochistan’s “forced accession” to Pakistan on March 27, 1948.

The flow of traffic on the National and RCD Highway between Quetta to Karachi, Taftan and Nasirabad was suspended. The strike was backed by other nationalist parties and Baloch Students Organisation (BSO), but there were no statements issued.

A partial strike was observed in Quetta, where Baloch populated areas like Saryab, Berwary, New Saryab, Joint Road and other parts of the city remained closed.

All the educational institutions in Quetta, Mastung, Kalat, Naushki, Kharan, Panjgur, Washuk, Turbat, Mand, Industrial Town of Hub, Sibi, Kacchi, Nasirabad, Jaffarabad, Khuzdar and other townships also remained closed.

“This was a black day for the Baloch nation because Pakistani forces invaded Balochistan and forced accession to Pakistan,” the BNF said in a statement.

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close